WEEK 1

"Selamat datang di blog saya" Feyzar, Lambung Mangkurat University, Indonesia . . "Welcome to Philippines !! Welcome to Naga City". Our coordinator, Mam Luz and Mam. Jeanette welcomed me and Ratna-my college friend- at NagaCity Airport. Then we greeted each other and took some pictures, then got into the car with the ADNU logo.
Since I first saw the atmosphere in another country, my eyes almost always stared out the car window seeing everything here. All of this I'll tell you in the next episode. just wait. Less than 20 minutes we arrived at Jollybee, a good place to eat where we ordered fries, burgers and warm chocolates to take to our dorm. With a white T-shirt and a light brown jacket that I did not change for 1 day trip, I was immediately taken to our dorm on Blumentritt St, named "DOMER Recidencias". Here there are complete facilities like hotels like ......... (you already know, hehe)
I arrived in dorm at 11 am and greeted each other with Lulu and Dijah from UNMUL and immediately rested while informing relatives that I had arrived safely to the destination. At 1 pm, my friend Rama from UII came with her big suitcase. All black clothes from head to toe give off a powerful "aura of darkness". but clothing is still clothes, its function only protects the body, does not describe the original characteristics of a person absolutely. About 120 minutes since the arrival of Rama, we all went to the Mall to shop for needs for 1 month, well .. First mall that I visited in Naga City (Week 1 as Observer) That Monday, in the afternoon, the first time I saw a Philippine flag fluttering in the center of the building complex. The first time also saw the walls are yellow and brown elegant. Well, I was walking past a gate with a security post to a large yard. Right in front of my eyes, "Naga City Science High School", that's 5 words that will fill my days for 4 weeks, this is my school where I will teach as a student teacher and learn before and after.
I met Mr. Raph to be introduced to the school environment, unfortunately because I came too late, our meeting only lasted a short time because Ms. Jeanette still has some agenda for us Student Teachers. And FYI, there are 3 of us who teach here, me, Rama, and Dijah. Tomorrow 6.30 am From our dorm we used Ms.Luz's private car to school. It turned out we were leaving with his son, Josh, a student at our school. As per agreement yesterday, today is the first day I will observe about my school. Before entering the class, I had a lot of things to do. First, the teacher here uses a uniform shirt, a yellow shirt for men and a pink shirt for women. This outfit must be worn for Monday to Thursday. Then, for students, are required to wear uniforms that tend to be the same color every day, t I got a chance to enter biology class. Mr.Raph is the teacher there. I see a different learning environment, because these students are studying in a lab-like classroom, there are so many objects around the room, from lab tools, posters, and some notes attached there.
At the meeting that day the students checked the answers about their exams in the quarter yesterday. When finished, Mr.Raph gives instructions that students then sit in groups working on a project over the next few days. On the sidelines of learning, Mr.Raph introduced me to the students. Everything I saw greeted me warmly. There are waving his right hand, complete with 5 fingers upright, some are just nodding head with a smile. But some are just smiling without moving other body organs. After class ended, I waited for my cooperating teacher. However, he was absent so I decided to go around school. Rising from the chair while smoothing my glasses I asked Mr. Raph to leave the class. Fortunately he allows. You know, Mr.Raph is someone who is tall, white, and bespectacled. With such an appearance does look smart teacher image. As the sun rose and my bag was getting heavier, I went around the school and looked closely at every building and its occupants. In plain view This school belongs to a school that is not too old because it is 24 years old. Right after entering the gate and on the right, I went to the administration room and the principal's room, where Ms. Sonia D. Teran is often visited by students, or teachers to talk about certain issues. The school has 3 main buildings for students. The teacher room is divided into 4 spaces for Science, Math, Social, and Language faculty. Unlike most schools in Indonesia, here between junior high and high school is a single unit, not separate. number of years studying for Junior High School for 4 years and Senior High School for 2 years. This means the level of VII to X for Junior HS and grade XI to XII for Senior HS. As I walked in front of the classes, one of the girls in a white shirt and blue checkered skirt very kindly greeted me. It seems that the students here are so used to such education that it makes me very proud and happy. The most commonly spoken of them is "Good Morning / afternoon, Sir" or there is also a change "sir" to "po". It is said that the word 'po' is a tribute to the elderly. As I was on the second floor, building 1, I found a large library complete with wi-fi access, then there was auditory room and Spanish room. Then while walking, my eyes glanced into each class and found "almost all classes have TV" to connect to the laptop .. wow. Downstairs, there are computer, physics, chemistry and biology labs, then there are many comfort rooms so there is no need to wait in line for other "patients" when they are urgent. There are also some cafeterias that provide light and heavy snacks. By late afternoon, Mr. Raph informed me that I could go home and would meet my cooperating teacher tomorrow.
Short-sleeved shirt with typical Javanese style, yaaaa..day I wear batik in black and white. Although one button in the center feels loose, but this dress still feels comfortable to wear. This is the first time I went to school using Jeepney, a typical Filipino public transport that is unique, crowded, and fun. Why is it unique? Because the front like the head of a Jeep car in general but on the back of a long bench, enough for 15 people and open on the right and left. In addition to the unique shape, the way it paid was arguably new to me because each passenger will hand each other money of 6-7 pesos to the nearest passenger with the driver and the last passenger who handed it. Here I meet many students from my school, so I can greet each other. Then I was dropped off in front of the entrance to the school complex. Because Jeepney only serves a trip to the main road. So I have to walk to within 400m. There is an oddity, almost all ... yes almost all the students here after coming down from Jeepney or other transport, they go to school again using a transport called "Tax". This transport is like Indonesian Becak , but passenger is not in front of Driver, but beside, and behind. This shipment can accommodate 3-5 people. Students need 5 pesos to ride this Tax. After exercising, I went to my cooperating teacher's room. It turned out that he had already been there, his name was Mr. Joel O. Oliva, I called him Sir Oliva. In a dark blue Polo classic outfit, tied to a tall body, he greeted me kindly. He said "You can study here, and I will study with you". Then he invited me to enter his class, the class XII. Class XII for STEM majors (Science, Technology, Math) has 2 different study groups of space. The first is STEM-B, aka Bacon STEM, the first class we enter. Each study room has 2 doors, 1 teacher door and 1 student door. This is a form of respect for teachers. When I first entered this classroom, I was greeted with excited by the students. Their class has 40 plastic chairs that have their desks in one. As of Mr. Oliva gave a little speech, I sat and listened behind the class. Not long, I was given the opportunity to introduce myself in front of the class. "Ehmm ... Good morning, My name is Muhammad Feyzar Rif 'at. You can call me Feyzar ... sorry Sir Feyzar. I'm from Indonesia. " They get excited when the word "Indonesia" is spoken. I do not know what they think about my country but it makes me proud and happy. Today Mr. Oliva will teach about thermodynamic sub topic temperature. The method he uses is lecture. I think this method is very effective because it requires a basic understanding of temperature, and its conversion, then the new calorie can learn more. He asked students about the definition of the temperature at the beginning of the lesson. I like this class because the interaction between teachers and students is smooth and warm ... Mr. Oliva is also good at linking learning materials with real events or stories, for example when he talked about the temperature of the lava at Mayon Vocano Mt, which was reportedly erupted three days ago.
In this class, there are two types of whiteboard, whiteboard and greenboard. So the teacher prepares markers and chalk to write in front of the class. In this school, one section for one hour. In the final quarter of the lesson, Mr. Oliva gives students the task of learning about the heat. After that in our private room, I was asked to check the answers of the students exam then give the score. Apparently, here the perfect score for a written test is 20 And I meet a lot of students who get that grade. Then for the performance appraisal, the maximum score is 10. And the assessment is taken when there is a task / PR, while in class performance and unit tests or chapter exams.
The next day he used a similar method until my last day for observation. He entrusted to the topic of waves to teach me next week. I guided him to make a lesson plan and he gave me a book as a reference, his name is General Physics 1 just like a student book, and my Filingian Bilingual book is Indonesian and English.
on that Friday afternoon, he asked "Are you ready for monday?"

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

WEEK 2

WEEK 3